NOW ACCEPTING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR 2022 HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
Applications Due April 1, 2022
Cyprus Credit Union is excited to offer a limited number of college scholarships to Cyprus members who are current high school seniors. Students who meet each of the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship:
- Must be currently enrolled as a senior at a Utah high school in one of the following counties: Davis, Salt Lake, Summit, Tooele, Utah or Washington. Students from other counties should inquire before applying.
- Must be a member of Cyprus Credit Union. Click HERE to view membership eligibility requirements.
- Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for each of the last two terms.
- Must plan to attend a Utah-accredited college, university, or trade school.
Applications must be received between January 1, 2022 and April 1, 2022 in order to be considered. Please submit the following materials:
- Your completed scholarship application (scroll to bottom of page to apply).
- A creative YouTube video (produced by you) on the theme: “If I could teach high school students something about money or finances, it would be….”
Please keep videos to a maximum of 5 minutes. Email the link of your YouTube video to: email@example.com. This should not be produced by a professional. We are looking for extra effort aside from the applicant talking to the camera, and
we would like to see you in the video.
- A one-page essay on the theme: “What attributes do you possess that will make you successful in the future and why?” Essays will be judged on the overall quality of writing.
Please be sure to include the following in your essay: (1) What you plan to do with your degree or training, (2) any honors you have received and/or your participation in activities, sports, clubs, or the community, and (3) any leadership and/or work experience, or any other experience you feel should be considered.
- A copy of your letter of acceptance to a college, university, or trade school in Utah.
- Your high school transcript (official or unofficial).
- A list of all other scholarships or financial aid received/awarded.
Submitting Your Materials
Apply and submit your materials via email, mail, or by completing the “Scholarship Application & Materials Submission” section of this page (below). A printable application is also available at the bottom of this page. If emailing your materials, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If mailing your materials, please remember to email the link of your YouTube video to email@example.com. Mail all other materials to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee
Cyprus Credit Union
P.O. Box 9002
West Jordan, UT 84084
*All materials must be received by Cyprus Credit Union between January 1, 2022 and April 1, 2022 in order to be considered.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by Cyprus Credit Union’s Scholarship Committee based on the quality of the application and materials provided. Up to 15 scholarships will be awarded to students. Each scholarship will be valued at $1,000.
Completion of an application with all its component parts does not guarantee an award, even if there are fewer than 15 applicants. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to award as many or as few scholarships as meets its criteria. All scholarship
applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision on or about May 1, 2022, if not before. If an applicant is a dependent or employee of Cyprus Credit Union, an independent committee will select from those applicants, and up to five of
the total scholarships may be awarded to Cyprus dependents. Applications from high school seniors must be received by mail or email between January 1st, 2022 and 11:59 PM (Mountain Time) on April 1, 2022.
Scholarship recipients will receive a single check made payable to themselves AND their prospective college, university, or trade school.
If not used within 30 months, Cyprus Credit Union reserves the right to award the scholarship to a different applicant. Deferrals may be requested for those not planning to attend college directly after high school graduation.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.